|The Yarn Bomb that inspired me|
by the Ladies Fancywork Society
Then we lost her. An experience that changed our lives forever. Even though she never got to walk through her Kindergarten door, meet her new teacher, or experience all the joys of a 'big girl school', we can help keep her presence there.
I've been working with the school administrators and teachers to plan a fun and cheerful way to remember her and bring a smile to the kids, faculty, and parents. We will yarn bomb the chain link fence with crocheted flowers and butterflies - two of Bryn's favorite things.
Some of you know that I created a yarn bomb in memory of my Bryn at the beginning of the school year. Now that Spring Break is coming up, along with her birthday in April, I want this BIGGER yarn bomb in her honor.
Here's how you can be a part of this memorable and meaningful event:
- Join my group on Facebook (If you don't have a FB account, let me know and I'll make sure you can still participate)
- You can crochet items, help with set up or help with clean up, or send me zip ties
- Read the volunteer information to find the online sign-up sheet and all the details you will need to know as a volunteer
- Pick your favorite flower, pinwheel, butterfly, or rainbow color from the album in the group
- Sign up using the online sign-up sheet (the link is only available through the FB group)
- You may sign up for more than one item, but be aware that they need to be in the mail by March 18th to get to me in time
|The flowers, pinwheels, butterflies, and bees we will use to decorate the fence|